Personify template strings, tags and custom fields are the three things that works only if the current visitor is linked to the crm systems ( ActiveCampaign, Drip ). If you personalize a page for users based on how they are tagged inside the crm or on what custom fields they are related to then personify needs to know about the current visitor.
The only way personify can translate the template strings is by fetching the user details from the local WordPress database or from the crm. To make things fast personify searches the local db for the user existence and if not found then searches / fetches the information from the CRM itself, then it saves a copy of the data that’s fetched from the crm inside the local db for future reference / usage.
After the user data is fetched the personalized template strings are replaced with the linked user data such as tags and custom fields, if for some reason the user data is not found or not set inside the crm the template strings can be appended with a default text which will be replaced by personify instead of displaying nothing.
The same applies to the tag, custom field conditions, if personify can’t find the user data then the condition is completely ignored and returns false. In order for the custom fields and tag conditions to work then the person who is viewing the page should be linked to the crm. This happens during 3 process.
1. If the user logs into WordPress, then personify fetches that user information from the local db or from the crm.
2. If the user who views the page is being redirected after he completes a surveyslam quiz.
3. If the user gets redirected to the personalized page from a smart link.
Smart links are url’s that will redirect the user to a personalized page after grabbing the user information, this way personify will know all about the user who is viewing the personalized page and can translate the template strings and can set the tags and custom fields correctly.
Smart links can be generated inside the personify admin section using the “Smart Link Generator” tab. There are 2 fields that needs to filled to generate a smart link
- Email Tag : This is the tag that needs to be replaced with the crm template tags, for instance ActiveCampaign tags looks something like %%email%% which will be replaced with the user email that’s linked to the user inside ActiveCampaign.
- Redirect Post : This will be the personalized page where the user will be redirected to so the user will be displayed with the personalized content.